Reoccurring Neck pain plagues a significant portion of Nigerians on a daily basis, and the causes aren’t always entirely unfathomable. If you find yourself waking up with a sore neck, chances are that your pillow could be the culprit. Your pillow’s job is to hold your neck and head at the right height to prevent unnecessary strain. Reoccurring Neck pain from an inadequate pillow can be caused by strained muscles and a lack of neck support.
More so, you could suffer tension headaches from a bad pillow along with neck pain, sleep loss, and irritability. A pillow that’s too high or too low can cause pressure to build up as the neck tries to compensate for the lack of support. Waking up with a sore neck is perhaps the worst way to start up your day. It can quickly cause a mood swing, cause difficulty in accomplishing daily tasks, and affect your productivity.
Apart from one sleeping position being a cause of neck sores, the type of pillow a person uses should also be of fundamental concern. However, the good news is most of these can be corrected if you know what to do. The solution lies in a pillow that helps the spine align properly, allows the airways to open, and supports the head comfortably.
The role of your Pillow
Your head and neck spend many hours every night on your pillow, which is why choosing the right one is key to a healthy, pain-free neck. A pillow that doesn’t support your head and neck properly can create tension in your neck muscles, and cause neck pain.
Other causes of neck pain when you wake up
There are certainly other causes that can also contribute to you waking up with neck pain. In some cases, you may develop a sore neck during the day, too. Some common causes of neck pain include:
- Poor posture during the day
- Working too long at a computer, or watching television for too long without changing positions
- Osteoarthritis is one of the upper spinal joints
- Nerve compression caused by a herniated disk or bone spur in your neck
Home remedies for neck pain
Here are some self-care options you can try:
- Apply ice or a cold pack to the sore part of your neck for 20 minutes at a time. This can help reduce inflammation in your neck muscles.
- If you’ve had pain for a day or more, apply a heat pack to the sore area for 20 minutes at a time. This can help to soothe and relax the muscles.
- Try over-the-counter painkillers, such as ibuprofen (Advil), naproxen (Aleve), or acetaminophen (Tylenol).
- Do some gentle exercises, like walking or yoga. This can help keep the blood flowing to your neck. Don’t stop moving altogether. Not moving can cause your muscles to tighten up.
What is the Best Pillow for Neck Pain?
Finding the right pillow ensures you sleep well and wake up without pain every morning. The best pillow for neck pain will not be too high or too low, it will support your neck comfortably in any sleeping position, and be made of cooling, pressure-relieving foam.
The Most Important Factors When Choosing a Pillow
A comfortable pillow can make all the difference to your sleep quality. Choose a good foam or down-alternative pillow that keeps your spine aligned. Factor in your sleep position too as side sleepers have different needs to stomach sleepers. A breathable, temperature neutral, and supportive pillow is good for all sleep styles.
What Winco Elegant Pillow Offers
₦2,600.00 – ₦6,000.00
Made from high-quality fiber fillings covered with cotton textile and packaged to weigh 1kg. The fiber inside gives the neck very soft support resulting in very sound sleep.
Our Elegant pillow is a soft fiber pillow made from fiber and high-quality cotton fabric, tailored to relieve pressure off your neck as you sleep-aiding you with the right neck support for a comfortable sleep. Made from high-quality fiber fillings covered with cotton textile and packaged to weigh 1kg. The fiber inside gives the neck very soft support resulting in very sound sleep.
Fabric: Cotton fabric
Inner material: Fiber
Size: Industry Standard Size
- It is recommended for lodge
- Suitable for different sleeping positions
- Could be used by students
- It is recommended for hotels
- It is recommended for the elderly
Who it’s best for:
- Hot sleepers
- People seeking pressure relief for the neck
- Value seekers
- Sleepers who need strong pressure relief
- People whose loft changes vary from night to night
- Those who enjoy plush pillows
Benefits of the Winco Elegant Pillow
- Temper neutral | supportive
- Breathable | adaptable
- Hypoallergenic | warm
- Affordable | durable
The bottom line
Waking up with a sore neck is a common problem. However, there are ways to help resolve this issue. Consider making changes to your pillow, mattress, and sleeping position, and make sure your sleeping environment is as comfortable as possible. During the day, pay attention to your posture and try to shift your position often so your muscles stay relaxed and limber. Regular exercise can also help keep your neck muscles healthy and strong. To relieve yourself from the issues of reoccurring neck pain that tend to disrupt your day, Simply place your order for a befitting Winco Elegant Pillow at any of our depots or distributor outlets or take advantage of our social media handles @wincofoam to get across to us or better still place a call to any of our sleep experts on 09062010211.
READ THIS NEXT