WINCO FOAM Industries Limited is a wholly indigenous private limited company incorporated on March 18th 1983. The company since 1978 has been operating in Nigeria as one of the leading commercial organizations involved in so many activities including foam manufacturing and trading activities. WINCO FOAM Industries Limited is one of the largest continuous polyurethane foam manufacturers with head office located in Lagos. The Company is family owned and operated and has been dedicated to manufacturing high quality polyurethane foam and bedding products for 30 years. Since its early beginning as a box foam producer in Lagos with a small market presence, the company has grown and expanded into a continuous foam producer with three large multi-million naira production plants in Nigeria strategically located to serve all the markets in the country.
The first production line (Canon Viking, United Kingdom), that is the state-of-the-art Omega 600 maxfoam, has a capacity of 350 kilos per minute. The second production line (CRMTO, Taiwan) has a capacity of 250 kilos/ min and the last production line (Sunkist, Taiwan) has also a capacity of 250 kilos/ min. Quality control is maintained in the production process by carrying out physical tests on statistically selected production samples. Advanced control technology helps assure the highest quality foam products: viscoelastic, high resilience (HR) and conventional foam cushioning for top-of-the-line sleeping comfort. Foam is tested in the laboratory for density, firmness, physical strength and durability. Foam that meets strict quality and performance standards is cut into sheets and cores for use in WINCO FOAM bedding products.
WINCO FOAM prides itself with the quality of foam products it manufactures to achieve customer satisfaction. We set out to achieve high foam quality from the beginning to the end of production and we make effort to ensure that we keep to our mission of providing excellent products and services and giving consumers value for money.
WINCO FOAM Industries Limited manufactures foam products for the home and commercial healthcare industries, furniture and upholstery industries, carpet underlay for both residential and commercial sectors and other cushioning products for a very wide range of consumers who have different needs and requirements.
To offer to our customers outstanding products and services that provide total sleep solutions while creating superior value for consumption.
To be at the top and remain as the undisputed leader in the industry while searching for ways to get better everyday
We maintain a set of values we hold to heart as our business guide and philosophy because we believe in these values. We are not much of a company without these values because they define standards, beliefs and govern the decisions and actions of the individuals and the company.
Our core values are
- Accountability- Responsibility of our actions that influence the lives of our customers and fellow workers
- Commitment-Commitment to roll great product, service and other initiatives that impact lives both within and outside the organization.
- Community- A sense of responsibility and contribution to society that define our existence.
- Consistency-Be consistent in offering the best for wonderful experience.
- Efficiency- Being efficient and effective in our approach to give best solution each time.
- Empowerment- Empowering the employees to take initiative and give the best.
- Innovation- To come out with new creative ideas that have the potential to change the world
- Integrity-To act with honesty and integrity without compromising the truth.
- Passion-Putting the heart and mind in the work to get the best.
- Quality-Giving the best and unmatched results for all round satisfaction.
- Respect-Giving due respect to self and others and maintain the environment of team work and growth.
- Safety- Ensuring the safety of people and making sure to give them trouble free experience.
The company, founded by Chief G.I. Okafor started as a small scale mattress production outfit in the 70s. This small scale production involved purchase of foam blocks from bigger foam manufacturers and processing the foam blocks into mattresses.
This mode of operation continued until 1980 when the company acquired its batch foam ÒboxÓ machine for in-house block foam production. Then in 1991 the company acquired its first continuous foam production machine that enabled the company enhance quality from production. As a result of high market acceptance of the Winco brand of products, the company established a second foam plant in the eastern part of the country and a second continuous production machine was purchased and deployed there. In 2000 the company yet acquired a third state-of-the-art continuous production machine to replace the one in Lagos. That same period the company established another plant in Abuja to cater for the northern market and then deployed the first machine to this plant.