Sleep deprivation is a condition of not having adequate quantity or quality of sleep to support alertness, performance, or health. Sleep is as important to the human body as food and water but many of us don’t get enough sleep. A sleep-deprived person is accident-prone, judgement impaired, and most likely to make bad decisions. Lack of sleep is very detrimental to the body as it can cause many health issues, such as memory loss, weight gain, weak immune system, depression and anxiety, chronic lung illness, reduced coordination and balance, body pains, wrinkles and so many more. Sleep impacts almost every aspect of your health and well-being. And without enough sleep, your body would not have the resources it needs to function properly.
Everyone wants to wake up in the morning feeling refreshed, re-energized, and ready to start the new day. Nobody wants to wake up feeling moody or grumpy, but that is what lack of sleep does to you. It ruins your entire day and you see yourself nagging at people, constantly getting irritated, feeling tired or drowsy, and finding it difficult to concentrate all through the day. There are various reasons for sleep deprivation. Sometimes it might be due to underlying medical conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, stroke, or depression. And other times it might be due to less serious cases like stress or trauma, anxiety, work, school, poor sleeping habits, or a poor sleeping environment. And one other cause of sleep deprivation that is often not talked about is sleeping on a bad mattress.
Just as the way sleep is important to you, a mattress also plays a pivotal role in your general health and well-being. And one of the simplest solutions for a good night’s rest is sleeping on a good mattress. A bad mattress can cause so many discomforts, like headaches, body pains, nausea, itchy/sore throat, skin, eye or nose irritation, chest tightness, or difficulty breathing, making it hard for you to fall asleep. It might also lead to you waking up multiple times during the night. Your mattress plays an important role in helping you fall and stay asleep.
And here is why a good mattress equals good sleep 8UP9 :
1. IT MAKES YOUR BEDROOM RELAXING: A good mattress is a substantial factor for a relaxing bedroom. After a long day, you will want to sleep in a bedroom that brings you peace of mind. A good mattress will supply you with great comfort and convey you to dreamland while you sleep.
2. IT DEVELOPS SLEEP TENDENCIES: A good mattress initiates an inviting sleeping environment. Starting with the right mattress, you can make your bedroom sleep-friendly. And when you have a conducive sleeping environment, falling asleep and having a good night’s rest would not be difficult.
3. IT STOPS TOSSING AND TURNING: Regular tossing and turning strongly affect your quality of sleep, especially if you are sleeping next to someone. This is because the action of rolling over produces “motion waves” which are transmitted through your mattress. A firm, good-quality mattress will absorb these waves, so if the person sleeping beside you turns over or gets out of bed, you’re likely to not be disturbed.
4. IT REDUCES ALLERGY SYMPTOMS: An allergic reaction is triggered by many things, and your mattress is one of them. Dust mites like to build up home in mattresses and this is the leading cause of indoor allergies. A mattress that has a denser structure helps to prevent these mites. And this means fewer sneezes and more snoozing.
5. IT REDUCES STRESS LEVELS: After a long stressful day, slumbering on a good mattress is what everyone needs. A good mattress helps ease anxiety and makes you feel calm. It encourages deep sleep and aids to keep your blood pressure low and your mood relaxed.
A good mattress is much more than just comfort. It is beneficial to your overall health and well-being. Investing in a good mattress is one of the most precise ways to encourage adequate sleep. Get a mattress from us now!